I speak English, Malay
Let's cook a storm with the 5 most popular hawker food in Petaling Street, Kuala Lumpur’s iconic Chinatown! We'll cook dishes like wantan noodles, char siew pork, lobak and more.
Run by Chef Sara Khong, author of four cookbooks, this is a hands-on lesson in preparing and cooking 5 street food you can normally find in Chinatown. You'll recreate iconic dishes such as:
- Wantan Noodles with Dumplings
- BBQ Char Siew Pork (Roasted Caramel Pork)
- Lobak (Five-Spice Fried Meat Roll)
- Fried Sweet Potato & Coconut Balls
- Limau Asam Boi (Calamansi Lime Juice with Sour Plum)
Before the class, you will also go on a tour around her edible garden, where you will collect some ingredients for your cooking lesson. You will also receive printed recipes so that you could recreate these at home. Lastly, enjoy a delicious meal together with Sara while hearing stories of the Malaysian way of life. You could also pack the food you've made and take them home.